Dear Homeschoolers,

As application deadlines loom and students are narrowing their college choices, we’d like to remind you and your homeschool seniors about the Lyceum Scholars Program and its $10,000 scholarship to Clemson University. Open to any major, Scholars are awarded a minor in Political Science at the end of the program.

The goal of the Lyceum Scholars Program is to bring back a traditional liberal arts education. This means a ‘Great Books’ approach, reading the great works of Western civilization starting with the ancient thinkers and ending with the moderns.

Because the Program’s emphasis is on learning and understanding the moral, political and economic foundations of a free society, Scholars study the history of liberty, the American Founding and moral character. Scholars take eight hierarchically-structured courses over their four years at Clemson, courses such as Wisdom of the Ancients, American Political Thought and the capstone course, Wisdom of the Moderns.

At the end of this unique course of study, Scholars will graduate with a robust training in the intellectual skills of being serious and honest thinkers, articulate speakers and eloquent writers. Additionally, students will be thoroughly familiar with the essential ideas that form the foundation of free institutions, thus preparing them to move into careers in law, academia, policy making and business.

The priority application deadline is December 11. (Click here for the application.)

I would be happy to answer any questions you or your seniors might have, either about the Lyceum Scholars Program or about Clemson University I, too, homeschooled my children and I understand the anxiety as college application deadlines approach.

Best,

Sidney Thompson

Clemson Institute for the Study of Capitalism
NC Homeschool Outreach
329 Sirrine Hall
Clemson, SC 29634

?ui2&ampikce6f604ebf&ampviewfimg&ampth15f6d2307a95f6be&ampattid012&ampdispemb&ampattbidANGjdJ zpTowThkNuMNG8aPEbrggn9PKOu CRIOw roWaZjbC2FgOob7GgUHU67InFZXm0eUxRmGSZFUVB Edul11gYpdr bUuUBgr3be9hZkAcOLIpwdP1UHxO7bf8&ampszs0 l75 ft&ampats1509385124924&amprm15f6d2307a95f6be&ampzw&ampatsh1