Homeschooling resource spacer

WINGS Admin/HS Zealot! jpapadpapa's Avatar
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

What is your most vivid memory of school?

I thought this would be an interesting topic to discuss. What is one of your most vivid memories, good or bad, of school or one thing that really impacted you?

One of my earliest memories is of playing on the playground in kindergarten and innocently helping a little boy who was scared to go down the slide. I was so surprised and horrified when other little kids starting singing the K-I-S-S-I-N-G song about us! I quickly learned that you don't help others if there is a chance of being made fun of. I remember feeling guilty about leaving him and playing elsewhere, but I was so concerned about what people thought about me. I vividly remember being confused by it, though, and not understanding why it was so bad to help someone who was scared.

Similar Threads:
    Danielle

Wife to Jon, IT Superhero

Mommy to Konur ("Konurpillar"), the bookworm (13) and Elleina ("leiney-bug"), the creativity queen (10), and Korban, the tiny outdoorsman (3)

Interested in organic, non-GMO foods at up to 60% off? Check out Real Food 4 Real Families (store coming soon)!

55 years of nutrition research science, first of it's kind Landmark Study, and 12 clinical trials.
    Visit our Shaklee site here.

WINGS Admin/HS Zealot! jpapadpapa's Avatar
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

What is your most vivid memory of school?

I thought this would be an interesting topic to discuss. What is one of your most vivid memories, good or bad, of school or one thing that really impacted you?

One of my earliest memories is of playing on the playground in kindergarten and innocently helping a little boy who was scared to go down the slide. I was so surprised and horrified when other little kids starting singing the K-I-S-S-I-N-G song about us! I quickly learned that you don't help others if there is a chance of being made fun of. I remember feeling guilty about leaving him and playing elsewhere, but I was so concerned about what people thought about me. I vividly remember being confused by it, though, and not understanding why it was so bad to help someone who was scared.