Homeschooling resource spacer

Preschool Prep Series Collection - 10 DVD Boxed Set

Manufacturer: Preschool Prep Company

Priced: $72.46

This combination of Boxed sets includes all of our award winning DVDs. Meet the Letters, Numbers, Shapes, Colors, Sight Words 1,2 & 3 and Meet the Phonics - Letter Sounds, Digraphs and Blends. Preschool Prep Company DVDs have won over 25 national awards and are used in thousands of schools across the country. Preschool Prep Series Collection - 10 DVD Boxed Set (Meet the Letters, Meet the Numbers, Meet the Shapes, Meet the Colors, Meet the Sight Words 1, 2 & 3, Meet the Phonics - Letter Sounds, Digraphs & Blends
    WINGS Admin/HS Zealot! jpapadpapa's Avatar
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

5 out of 5 rating for Preschool Prep Series Collection - 10 DVD Boxed Set

My husband got this set for our son, Korban, who turned two in October. He has been watching them on and off for the past few months, but it did not take him long at all to pick up on the names of all the shapes, numbers, letters, and colors (though he's not as good at these yet)! It is the cutest thing to see him pointing at various objects around the house and hear him say "su-co" (circle), "we-tan-go" (rectangle), "o-vo" (oval), etc. :smile: So fun! I am not one who puts an emphasis on learning these things at such a young age. I'd be just as content if he just wanted to run around and play with cars and blocks. But he really does enjoy the videos and I think if he's having fun, why discourage that? Babies and toddlers can learn so much if they want to and are given the opportunity, and this certainly will give him a good foundation for later.

The only negative I see with these is that they can be quite annoying. :wink: But that is to be expected, as they are targeting very young ones. They repeat the name of whatever they are teaching and they do so with various inflections and types of voices. I think that (along with interesting visuals) is what keeps the child's interest...and drives the parent a bit crazy. Ha! But honestly, I can usually tune it out as background noise and I've definitely heard much more annoying toys! It still gets a five-star rating from me because the benefit and enjoyment far outweighs any slight irritation!

91fAVlxCW+L._SL1500_.jpg

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jpapadpapa For This Useful Post:

LaurieStuder (04-15-2014)

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

5 out of 5 rating for Preschool Prep Series Collection - 10 DVD Boxed Set

My husband got this set for our son, Korban, who turned two in October. He has been watching them on and off for the past few months, but it did not take him long at all to pick up on the names of all the shapes, numbers, letters, and colors (though he's not as good at these yet)! It is the cutest thing to see him pointing at various objects around the house and hear him say "su-co" (circle), "we-tan-go" (rectangle), "o-vo" (oval), etc. :smile: So fun! I am not one who puts an emphasis on learning these things at such a young age. I'd be just as content if he just wanted to run around and play with cars and blocks. But he really does enjoy the videos and I think if he's having fun, why discourage that? Babies and toddlers can learn so much if they want to and are given the opportunity, and this certainly will give him a good foundation for later.

The only negative I see with these is that they can be quite annoying. :wink: But that is to be expected, as they are targeting very young ones. They repeat the name of whatever they are teaching and they do so with various inflections and types of voices. I think that (along with interesting visuals) is what keeps the child's interest...and drives the parent a bit crazy. Ha! But honestly, I can usually tune it out as background noise and I've definitely heard much more annoying toys! It still gets a five-star rating from me because the benefit and enjoyment far outweighs any slight irritation!

91fAVlxCW+L._SL1500_.jpg

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jpapadpapa For This Useful Post:

LaurieStuder (04-15-2014)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Thanks

Re: Preschool Prep Series Collection - 10 DVD Boxed Set

Great !! Thanks for the valuable information.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to peggyclausen For This Useful Post:

jpapadpapa (04-01-2016)

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Happy to share!

Danielle

Wife to Jon, IT Superhero

Mommy to Konur ("Konurpillar"), the bookworm (13) and Elleina ("leiney-bug"), the creativity queen (10), and Korban, the tiny outdoorsman (3)

Interested in organic, non-GMO foods at up to 60% off? Check out Real Food 4 Real Families (store coming soon)!

55 years of nutrition research science, first of it's kind Landmark Study, and 12 clinical trials.
    Visit our Shaklee site here.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Happy to share!

Danielle

Wife to Jon, IT Superhero

Mommy to Konur ("Konurpillar"), the bookworm (13) and Elleina ("leiney-bug"), the creativity queen (10), and Korban, the tiny outdoorsman (3)

Interested in organic, non-GMO foods at up to 60% off? Check out Real Food 4 Real Families (store coming soon)!

55 years of nutrition research science, first of it's kind Landmark Study, and 12 clinical trials.
    Visit our Shaklee site here.