Hello, I am the STEM lab manager for the Asheville Museum of Science (AMOS) and I would love to share our course offerings with your home school families. We currently run a home school class on Mondays, 2-4 times a month on topics ranging from coding, to electronics, to astronomy. We can also schedule trips for groups any time Monday–Friday during our open hours. I have attached a copy of our current curriculum guide for those field trips. I would love to discuss with your team ways to get the word out about our new museum.
- Engage in an educational, 13-week musical theatre course.
- Exclusively for students in grades 9-12.
- Classes meet on Tuesdays, 9am – 11:30am, Feb. 6 – May 1. PLUS, see schedule below for additional times.
- Class experience culminates with 4 performances of the full-scale, original Broadway-style NarroWay production, “Billy Loves Bobby Sue.” Performances are open to the public and featured on NarroWay’s show schedule.
- Course fee of $180 includes full semester instruction and cast t-shirt.
- Engage in an educational, 12-week musical theatre course.
- Exclusively for students in grades 2-8.
- Classes meet on Mondays, 1pm-3:30pm, Feb. 5 – April 23. PLUS, see schedule below for additional details.
- Class experience culminates with a performance of a one-hour musical show, “The Grunch,” (Beat by Beat Press, NYC)performed in front of a live audience on the NarroWay stage.
- Course fee of $150 includes full semester instruction and cast t-shirt.
Homeschool families, come enjoy discounted Museum admission and explore Da Vinci’s Machines. Immerse yourself in an IMAX film, learn more about our Homeschool Programs and check out class demonstrations from 9:00 a.m. – noon.
A copy of your valid teaching certificate or NCDNPE home school certificate is required for discount. Please check in at 6th St. Admissions upon arrival. Discounted IMAX tickets are not valid for Star Wars: The Last Jedi.
$8 FOR NON-MEMBERS, FREE FOR MEMBERS — ADD AN IMAX FILM FOR
Parents, are you confused by the College Search and Application Process? Do you know whether the ACT or SAT best shows your student’s talents? Have you considered how Career Planning is associated with the process? Have you figured out how to pay for it all and still retire? If so, this seminar is for your family!
Your 10th or 11th-grade student will take a mock ACT or SAT while parents learn all about:
* How to help choose a college that is a good fit for your student
* How to open a dialogue about career planning
* What all the testing information means and how to understand it
* How to pay for college without going broke or having your student live with you forever!
Our gathering of four industry-leading college search, testing and financing professionals will leave parents feeling more organized and ready to tackle the college search process. Students will attain the experience of a graded mock test to help prepare for upcoming official tests.
Friday, January 26, 2018, Pine Knoll Shores Aquarium, 1 Roosevelt Rd, Pine Knoll Shores, NC
Dive into adventure with NCHE for an educational visit to Pine Knoll Shores Aquarium! Take a tour of North Carolina’s aquatic life “from the mountains to the sea.” Laugh at the antics of playful river otters. Feel the spray from a waterfall. Talk with divers as they swim with sharks in the Living Shipwreck, featuring a WW II German U-boat replica. See sea turtles and jellyfish. Touch a stingray in the touch pool. The aquarium is home to thousands of creatures.
A special 30-minute program (fee charged) about Sea Turtles will be offered at 10:30.
Participants may arrive anytime between 9:30 and 10:15 on Friday, January 26. Advance registration is required.
To qualify for FREE admission for school age children (5-18), you must:
1. Provide printed proof of homeschool status. Proof can be a print-out of: state issued home school documentation showing your ID number, a school ID card, enrollment form into a homeschool group. Hand the paper copy/proof to NCHE staff on-site.
2. NOT have visited the aquarium as free/school in the last 12 months Pre-registration is still required below.
Fees apply for:
1. Parents: $1 each. Must be pre-paid through NCHE registration below.
2. Preschool children ages 3 and 4 at the rate of $10.00/child (babies through 2 years are free). Must be pre-paid through NCHE registration below.
3. Other adults (grandparents, for example) pay at the door at the group rate of $9.31 plus tax.
4. Sea Turtle Special program: School children ages 5-18 are $3 each. Parents and pre-schoolers through 4 years old are free. Must be pre-paid for through NCHE registration below.
Registration is transferable but non-refundable. Registration deadline is Wednesday, January 24, 2018.